Sunday, December 13, 2009

Has anyone heard about make-up companies using placenta in their lipsticks?

A few people told me they learned this in school. Is it true or a rumour? If it's true, what make-up companies might use placenta as an ingredient in their lipstick?Has anyone heard about make-up companies using placenta in their lipsticks?
Bovine placenta liquid, obtained from cows is used in some cosmetics as a moisturizer.Some companies have been using this as a source of proteins in their products. I don't know specifically which companies do use this ingredient but i'm going to take a guess and say its the higher end cosmetics because im sure this isn't a cheap ingredient .Has anyone heard about make-up companies using placenta in their lipsticks?
I hope it is not true. That would be disgusing.
I don't know if its true, but I know a common hair product ingredient is pig placenta, because of the high concentration of protein, so I wouldn't be surprised unless they mean human placenta in which I highly doubt it.
i dont know sweety. i hope you find out! ;)
R u serious? thats its so disgusting i wanna know wich ones so i'd never use them!!!!!!!!!
There were some urban legends about it a while back and I think it was about AVON possibly using it in there makeup... I'm not sure if it was true or not but the site to check out any urban legend stuff is Snopes.com. They have almost every legend there and either info to back it up or debunk it.
Check out the site www.beautynet.com. It does list placenta as one of the ingredients.
Hi I never heard of that before only in hair products. But placenta has so many its healthy for hair and skin. You can buy some stuff at like CVS for the hair. My favorite two products that i suggest to you are Cholesterol hair treatment and Joice K-Pak. For lips Cocoa Butter Lip Balm it feels nice and glides right on.


http://www.time.com/time/magazine/articl鈥?/a>


read this time article it talks about placenta and collagen in makeup. it says you can not absorb it from the outside of the body it has to be digested. Good Luck. :)
I've heard of this but I don't think it's true.
ok thats just gross......if you find out let me know


eeewww
I heard about that and I also heard it's used in hair products too. I don't know if it's true are not.
Eww...I don't think that it is legal. I hope not!
Yes, it's called collagen. It's all so used in make up, wrinkle cream, shampoo, and other beauty products.
I know that Avon didn't use to and Mary Kay doesn't. I don't know about any other companies.
i think i heard something similar...


one more reason to read the ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
email hosting